Friday 8 March 2013

My Husband...Our Hero!



Dear Friends,

Life in this Bulgarian village is interesting! Every winter, mostly from around end of December time, the locals slaughter their piggies. Our next door neighbour did too earlier, and another one last week! That's a lot of meat to eat!!!




One early Sunday morning, we heard a loud squealing.....oh...I know that sound very well by now. I just wanted to stay in bed and cover myself under the duvet... but we also intended to go to church that morning....why of all days??

My two girls dread this the most. You see,our neighbour does their slaughtering of that poor enormous  piggy by their garage door...and our garage door is besides theirs....no, they don't do it inside their garage area, but in front of their garage by the public road side (unfortunately, our house is no. 2 and theirs is no. 1)....The worst thing is that the street is being turned into scarlet crimson colour, flowing down to no. 3 etc.......OH....no more gross detail to be described further from here on. I know... I know, it is part of living....but we just don't have the stamina for it!





But isn't it great that we have the man in our house who gladly and bravely drives out the car pass the garage, pass the street, get out of the car to close the garage door all by himself  (normally its our big girl's job to do so...but she is spared for a reason this time)...while we three ladies just had to sit and stay inside the car...without looking elsewhere but the car floor till we're driven away...talk about what's stressful eh?




Well...probably we're just not used to this....but our kind neighbour naturally invites us over to enjoy and celebrate the day....Oh No! OH NO!....we ladies came out with lots of excuses...but RT just have to brave it, to keep offense...He went to their house....it's good for him....afterall, he needs to sharpen and practice his Bulgarian language skill more....ah...we ladies are quite good with our languages...it's not needed anymore...so we stayed home with big relief and smiles on our faces:)

Our interesting Life in Bulgaria!!

Yours


Annie



8 comments:

  1. That's really interesting, Annie. How many piggies do they keep and how many were slaughtered?

    I guess your next post will be some pork recipe? LOL...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its one piggy per household member or two at a max! Ha Ha! Don't pull my leg for a pork recipe because you'll have to wait for a long while...:D

      Delete
  2. Interesting... Making ham & bacon? Wish you could send me some. Hehehehehe!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie , make some longganisa ! I bet the kids and your hubby will like it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, you're really tempting me into this! Oh...I do miss longanisa with garlic fried rice for breakfast huh?...I want to go back to my childhood days just for the longanisa:)

      Delete
  4. Poor pigs. But that doesn't mean that I will given up on pork. Interestingly I enjoyed the post despite the subject because your writing is very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I didn't put you off with my story...although I prefer veggies, truth is, there is a need for a balanced meal:)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Although I do not have the time to reply to everyone of them on a constant basis, but, I do read every comment and appreciate it all.